Saturday, September 08, 2007

A Good Visit

My mom and dad came for a visit last weekend. Anyone who reads my dad's blog knows that they take an annual road trip encompassing visits to me (Tampa) and my sister (Chicago) as well a week in Georgia playing golf.

Well, this was their first opportunity to see their grandson since February, and boy has he changed a lot! I must say, I was quite proud (and relieved) that he was on his best behavior while they were here.

Grammy and Grampa brought Trevor a gift - a little tricycle/bigwheel type thing. Trevor loves it, but can't figure out how to push the pedals to make it go. It has a lot of buttons on the "dashboard" which make various noises when pushed, and Trev is convinced that one of those buttons must make it go. See, he has a little 4 wheeler with a button that makes it go, and he hasn't figured out the difference yet.






Another accomplishment of last weekend - I have been working on fixing up the gate to my backyard. I have collected dozens of seashells from our beach, and I made a trim of thin boards painted aqua, with shells glued on to them. I then attached the painted boards around the frame of the gate. The crowning touch, though, is a painted sign that my dad got us at a little street fair we went to:



This weekend we are back to our normal routine - which means off to the beach this afternoon! Have a great weekend!

-

9 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

...and WE enjoyed the visit too! Trevor was really on his good behavior for Grammy and Grandpa. Thanks for the good times!

Dad (and Mom)

Duke_of_Earle said...

Oooooo! Nice new blog header!

Dad

Peter said...

Hi Christina, yay the new blog header looks good as does the gateway, who is the old Hippie????

Christina said...

My husband qualifies as "old hippie". He is some years older than me, and spent the better part of his life traveling the country as a pot smoking, long haired musician, until he settled in the Florida Keys (which is old hippie central, btw.) where he continued to be a long haired musician.

Jack K. said...

Like the new blog template.

Good to know that Trevor is having fun with his new wheels.

Loved the sign and gate.

Old Hippie, indeed. There are still a few around.

Thanks for the link to the duke' site.

Hale McKay said...

I like the gateway aqnd the seashells are a nice touch. Your dad's sign is a crowning touch.

Karyn Lyndon said...

Glad to hear you had a nice visit and love the turquoise gateway...one of my favorite colors!

Hale McKay said...

The plot twists and turns are as devilish as ever in
Chapter 8 of "Her Cups Runneth Over."

Emmy Ellis said...

I dig your shell thingy! You get shells that big there? Jesus, on our beaches, all we get are shells the size of an inch.

:o)