Sunday, April 06, 2008

I'm Back!

I have (obviously) taken a hiatus from blogging, but I have decided to take it back up again. Lucky you!!!!! (ha ha)

What have I been up to lately? My latest project is improving my lawn. Whe I moved into this house a year ago, the grass wasn't that great and there were lots of weeds. We kept them trimmed, but this being a rental house, I didn't feel the need to do any more than maintain the yard the same as it was when we moved in.

This year however, I decided I wanted a nice yard. We renewed our lease so we will be here a minimum of another year. My first task was to pull out as many of the weeds as I could. I have finished about 75% of the back yard, which means about 50% of my back yard is now bare dirt. I told you there were lots of weeds.

Eventually I will add some lawn starter soil in areas and plant grass seeds all over the whole lawn. I have never done this before, so I have no idea how long it will take to grow in nicely. I don't intend to even start on the front yard until the back yard is finished. Some people might say I should have done the front yard first because that's the one that people see, but I don't care. We spend a lot more time in the back yard than in the front!

*************************************

My baby is going to be 3 years old in a week. I can't believe it! He starts his first preschool next week, on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He is very excited about going to "school" like a big boy.










**************************************
When a retiree has too much time on his hands:

Working people frequently ask retired people what they do to make their days interesting. Well, for example, the other day I went downtown and into a shop. I was only there for about 5 minutes and when I came out there was a cop writing out a parking ticket.

I said to him, 'Come on, man, how about giving a retired person a break?'

He ignored me and continued writing the ticket. I called him a 'Nazi.'

He glared at me and wrote another ticket for having worn tires. So I called him a 'doughnut eating Gestapo.' He finished the second ticket and put it on the windshield with the first. Then he wrote a third ticket.

This went on for about 20 minutes.
The more I abused him the more tickets he wrote.

Personally, I didn't care.

I came downtown on the bus, and the car that he was putting the tickets on had a bumper sticker that said 'Clinton in '08.'

I try to have a little fun each day now that I'm retired. It's important to my health.

5 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Good post, daughter. And a great joke! I love it!

Dad

Jack K. said...

Glad to see you decided to do some postings again. I missed you.

Hope the yard turns out even better that you plan.

Jack K. said...

Even better than you plan.

That's what I get for not previewing.

M.E Ellis said...

He starts school? Shit, where did that time go?

Awww!

:o)

chunxue said...

During the World War II, Art Deco jewellery was abercrombie & fitch a very popular style among women. The females started abercrombie wearing short dresses and cut their hair short. And cheap abercrombie & fitch such boyish style was accessorized with Art Deco jewellery. They used abercrombie and fitch long dangling earrings and necklaces, multiple bracelets and bold abercrombie outlet rings.Art Deco jewellery has harshly geometric and symmetrical theme instead abercrombie & fitch sale of free flowing curves and naturalistic motifs. Art Deco Jewelry abercrombie clothing today displays designs that consist of arcs, circles, rectangles, squares, and discount abercrombie triangles. Bracelets, earrings, necklaces and rings are added with long abercrombie and fitch UK lines and curves.One example of Art Deco jewelry is the Art Deco ring. Art Deco rings have abercrombie and fitch outlet sophisticated sparkle and bold styles. These rings are not intended for a subtle look, they are meant to be noticed. Hence, these are perfect for people with bold styles.