Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Live and Let Live

Everyone seems to be blogging and exchanging emails about whether it's appropriate to say Merry Christmas".

Of course it's appropriate! We supposedly have both freedom of religion and freedom of speech, right?

What I wish is that everybody would just go on and celebrate whatever holiday they celebrate, and not get offended when others do the same.

Wishing someone a happy holiday or a merry Christmas should be accepted as an expression of good will, and not another reason to be offended.


MERRY CHRISTMAS! (or whatever)

-

5 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Well put. I always KNEW you were smart, despite occasional indications to the contrary!

Merry Christmas.

Dad

Anonymous said...

Yeah I agree, I work with a muslim bloke who thinks this that sort of political correctness is a load of rubbish.

It was quite amasuing though as I asked him what they do as obviously they wouldn't be celebrating christmas.

His answer was they have a family get together and eat a big turkey. hmmm...

Kind of the same but with less booze involved really.

Anonymous said...

I agree, it is everyone's basic right to follow whatever tradition they may have, Christian or not without trying to change others beliefs. However if all the world believed and practiced this philosophy, we could all get on with our own traditions without any of this nonsense, that would be a perfect world, which we do not have sadly!!
Cheers Margaret

Anonymous said...

All I can say, is that I'll sit in front of the CHRISTMAS tree as we open CHRISTMAS presents before we have our CHRISTMAS brunch and wish the whole world MERRY CHRISTMAS.

Anonymous said...

Good on you. If I want to say Merry Christmas, I'll say it.