Well, my dad tagged me with this meme. I have to answer the questions below and then tag 5 people to do the same on their blog. I doubt if 5 people even read my blog. Oh well, I'll give it a shot anyway.
1) One book that changed your life: This is a tough one, as so many books I've read have stuck with me and influenced me in some way. If I have to pick one, I guess it would be J.R.R. Tolkien's "Lord of the Rings." Yeah, I know it's fiction, but it's one of the first stories I remember reading and being totally enthralled with. I have read it a number of times. I have read many, many works of literature (being an English minor in college) but can't remeber any which have touched me the way this story has.
2) One book that you’d read more than once: only one? I read pretty much everything I enjoy more than once. The one book in my bookcase that I think of as "If I can't find anything else I feel like reading, I can always read this," is "River God" by Wilbur Smith. I can't even tell you how many times I have read this one.
3) One book you’d want on a deserted island: One story or just one book? If I could include a story consisting of 7 books instead of just one single book, I would say Stephen King's "The Dark Tower" series. One of the best stories ever written, IMO. And, if you're on a deserted island, you want something long.
4) One book that made you laugh: Jimmy Buffett's "Tales from Margaritaville."
5) One book that made you cry: Again, "River God." Made me laugh too.
6) One book you wish you’d written: Not a writer so don't really care. Prefer reading to writing!
7) One book you wish had never been written: I can't answer this one.
8) One book you're currently reading: "Making the Terrible Two's Terrific" by John Rosemond.
9) One book you've been meaning to read: Nothing right now. Pretty much like my dad said, if I want to read something, I just go get it and read it. If I have a new book I want to read, nothing can make me put it off for very long! I guess, if anything, it would be "The Da Vinci Code."
10) Tag five people: OK, how about M.E, Faith, Peter, Pointmeister, and Steve.