Thursday, September 18, 2008

Alrighty Then...

I have taken a hiatus from blogging (obviously), but have decided to give it another go.

I always felt like I didn't have anything interesting to blog about. But so what? I will blog about whatever I want whether anyone reads it or not, right? Right.

Don't you hate it when you're driving down a busy street and the car in front of you changes lanes abruptly, giving you just enough time to figure out why they did so. It's a car doing 35 in a 45 where everyone is going at least 55. That happened to me today.

As I swore quietly, I checked my blind spot and swerved around this annoying car. I expected, based on my residence in central Florida, to see a little old lady or gentleman about 90 years old peering over the dash.

Instead I saw a young kid of about 23 punching buttons on his cell phone. Probably texting. Little bastard!

Hey, wait a sec... when did I start calling people in their 20's "kids"? holy shit , I feel old.

5 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Well, you ARE old! And what does that make me and your mom?

R--E--A--L--L--Y OLD!

Dad

Merle said...

Dear Christina ~~ Nice to see you back,, and some of those drivers think they own the road, and don't consider anyone else.
Thanks for your visit and I am glad you enjoyed the jokes and the puppy pictures
I am sorry your hubby has a bad back, as they sure are no fun. I have a constant
bad back, it just went haywire for a couple of days. ake care, my friend, Love, Merle.

Hale McKay said...

Christina,

Welcome back to Blogtopia. Thank you for "following" me - and I will add you too.

As for reasons to blog - or having nothing to blog about - there's always some who are interested in what we have write about.

...I will blog about whatever I want whether anyone reads it or not, right? Right....

That's the spirit. That's what it's all about.

Text Messaging: Probably one of the worst innovations for the telephone - ever. Add a car to the mix - and they're accidents looking for a place to happen.

Again, welcome back.

Christina said...

Thanks everyone, for commenting. I will try to post at least once a week (it's therapeutic!) and comment more often. See y'all around!!!

Jack K. said...

Welcome back.

I have come to the conclusion that anyone younger than me is a kid. I have noticed there are a lot of kids out there. snerx.

You are welcome to sign up as a follower on my site.

I will add your site to my "You might like these too" sidebar spot.

I agree with Hale about the cell phone, texting and vehicles.

Stay in touch.