Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Happy Fourth!

To everyone on this side of the pond, happy July 4th! To everyone on the other side, well, we're cool now, right?

Anyway, this is for me the last day of a 4 day weekend - back to work tomorrow.

Hubby had a music gig last night, which went fairly well. It was raining cats and dogs when we arrived (not great for an outdoor gig) but fortunately the stage is covered and it turned out to be a gorgeous night in the end. Check out his website: http://mysite.verizon.net/jconch.

I hope to get some pictures up on here soon, it's just that I don't know how. Yes, I tried reading the directions, but, well...I am not the most computer literate person to ever walk the earth, so I am going to have to resort to calling Dad for help. My dad has way more high-tech, electronics savvy than I do, which I guess is unusual in this day and age. I remember when hubby and I were staying at my parents' place for a short time. One evening, my parents had gone out, and we decided to go out and rent a video. All we had at home was a VCR, but Mom and Dad had a DVD player! So we rented a DVD. About 15 minutes later, we returned to the video store, asking if we could exchange the DVD for a regular VHS video tape. We explained that we were staying at my parents house, and the clerk who must have been all of 17, said "Oh right. They don't have a DVD player do they?" Stupid me says "Oh, yes, they have one, we just can't figure out how to work it." The entire teenage staff, and half of the customers, laughed their asses off at us. Duh.

1 comment:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Nice profile. Needs a picture, though.

Dad