Thursday, July 13, 2006

Shit

I didn't sleep that great last night, so when I got home from work a little early, I decided to take a nap. I had been asleep maybe 45 minutes, when hubby comes into the room, "Honey, I need some help with Trevor." I sort of come to, roll over and say, "huh?" He says, "Well, I was on the computer and Trevor made a mess in his pen."

We have a foldable "fence" consisting of 6 sections, each 3 feet wide. When opened up, it creates an 18 square foot enclosure in which Trevor can play. When we don't want to watch him every second, like when cooking, or on computer or whatever, we just stick him in there in the middle of the living room with a few toys and he can't get into any trouble, right?

Anyway, I'm thinking, "what kind of mess are we talking about?" I manage to grunt, "huh?" again, as I try to clear the cobwebs. Hubby says, "Well, he, uh, took off his diaper and threw it out of his pen..."

"Yeeeeeesss...?"

"Well, he's got shit all over him, and, uh..." That was enough for me. I was up. The kid had removed his poopy diaper, spread the poo all over himself and his pen, and then thrown the diaper across the living room. He had it on the bottoms of his feet, meaning it was also smeared into the carpet inside his pen. He had it up both legs, on his butt and his belly. Of course his hands were covered in it, and he had got it all over his face and in his hair. He was laughing.

Trevor went straight into the tub, while Mommy went on her hands and knees scrubbing shit out of the living room carpet. It took a while, but everything is clean now. And a couple beers really help in seeing the humor of some situations.

This is a true story.

No shit!

4 comments:

Duke_of_Earle said...

Christina,

Your mother and I both saw the title of this post and frowned in disapproval. The we started reading. Soon we we laughing. By the end we were both laughing hard.

Mom thinks it's time for potty training to begin. (You asked when that should occur, remember? Well, sounds like it's time!)

Dad

Duke_of_Earle said...

P.S. No shit!

robotjam said...

hurm...

stories like this are not helping me convince Mrs Robot that robot Juniors would be a good idea.

Emmy Ellis said...

LOLOLOL!

Been there so many times, I feel for you!

One of mine let the water out of the tub, shit in the bath and brushed his teeth with it...

:o)